Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Visit to Iowa

We had a wonderful trip to Iowa this past weekend! Jamie took off Thursday and Friday so that we could spend time with both of our families. It was nice to be able to see everyone, even if the time with each family was a bit short. Jonathan had a great time at both places... he was wiped out yesterday. Evidence for this: I had to wake him up after he had been sleeping for 3 hours in the afternoon. This is unheard of for us.

Jonathan had a great time playing with his cousins, and I loved the fact that a couple of his cousins were old enough to keep an eye on him in the backyard so I didn't have to be out there all of the time. Sofie, Drew and Jonathan... off to the races: Drew was born two weeks after Jamie and I were married, and he is the closest in age to Jonathan on that side of the family.
Jamie, Jonathan and Uncle Marc:
Jamie, Jonathan, and Grandpa Sam on a walk to the playground:
I was a bit lazy with my photo-taking this trip. Bummer... No pictures of Jonathan with his grandmas :+(. And, it was Mother's Day. Both mothers certainly deserve to be pictured here!

Sarah

2 comments:

katherine said...

I've been waiting for a Guild update.

Valerie said...

I love that you've been able to hang out with family. And I also have been waiting for an update!! Jonathon looks so grown up. Can you believe how old our children are??