Saturday, December 15, 2007

Joining the 3-0 Club

Jamie loves to plan surprises... and my 30th birthday was no exception. He knows me well enough to know that big parties where the attention is on me are not my thing. So, he planned something a little bit different. I got 30 gifts (very few of them being material gifts) and many of the gifts were having people visit. My parents came for the actually birthday and we had a wonderful day together. Laid back, relaxed and fun. They were gifts #9 and #10. Many of you sent wishes - thank you! Your wishes were one of my gifts. The last gift that I will share about is the visit from two of my college/early married days friends, Kristin and Jessie. They live 6 hours away and they showed up on my doorstep at 9pm singing happy birthday holding the signs that you see here... I was SHOCKED - to say the least! Part of that gift was the arrival of my sister and Nate (gifts #25 and #26) for the weekend. I got to enjoy a wonderful day of catching up and hanging out with old friends and my sister... I am so lucky! We had a great time! Here are the four of us back at our place...
Enough about me... this blog's star returns to the spotlight: he is enthralled with coloring and crayons these days. We spent 30 minutes coloring yesterday. This is his thoughtful, artist pose.
Jamie's parents bought Jonathan this shirt... doesn't he look like a little man here? The pants I put with it were ENORMOUS so they had to come off. Jonathan began to resemble the kids you see who's pants are sagging to their knees. It made it nearly impossible for him to walk.
I hope this finds you enjoying the holiday season in preparation for Jesus' birthday ~ S ~

No comments: