Monday, August 20, 2007

Mundane Monday

My dear friend, Katherine, tells me that blogging is the way to go - so here I am. Jonathan is keeping me quite busy. Thankfully he has decided to nap a bit more noticeably today. Usually his naps are so short that if you blink you'll missed them.

Jamie's new job is going well. He commented the other day on his way home from a busy day, "Today we had so much fun doing..." Fun and work? I am thrilled that Jamie is enjoying his new job.

As for me: I am missing all of the friends that we left behind when we moved. All day with a little one and few people to converse with can make the time move rather slowly. I am trying hard to appreciate the fact that I am staying home with Jonathan and getting to share in his new activities. As my mother says, "this too shall pass". And, I know that it will.

Jonathan enjoyed his first ride in the Burley bike trailer that we bought to haul him in when we go for family bike outings. He HATED the helmet. Understandably - who likes those hot things on the head?? We are loving the huge number of paved bike/running trails that are around here - one of the major bonuses to this area.

For those of you who know Jonathan - he has not lost an ounce of intensity. In fact - he may be gaining steam with age. Whew - I am going to be one worn out mother if subsequent children have this much gusto.

Adios ~
Sarah

1 comment:

katherine said...

Your first comment! Dylan and I read both your posts together. It made me want to come visit all the more. You do know that no post is complete without pictures, don't you? I want to see your little big man and I'll bet you have plenty of pictures I haven't seen. We both laughed at your description of Jamie's need to fill in the details of your main ideas. We love and miss you guys.