Jonathan is my strong, independent, leader who still tells me almost every day, "I love you, Momma." If I'm really lucky, he and Caleb will snuggle beside me while we read stories before bed.
Sometimes being the oldest isn't always easy. Especially if you're the oldest of four. Jonathan is the best older brother these other three could have asked for. He includes them, he loves to play with them, and he watches out for them. He is always always full of ideas and this makes play time so fun for the others.
Chester, the fifth living being in need of care in this house, sometimes doesn't get the attention from me that he would like. Jonathan makes up for that. He plays catch with him, feeds him and walks him with Caleb. I told Jamie the other day, "Chester listens and responds better to Jonathan than he does to me."
Our family is an outdoor group of people. Jonathan isn't as much of a random explorer as Caleb but he loves to ride his bike, hike, and he has started to enjoy shooting hoops in our driveway. I need to hone my skills to keep my winning streak in "HORSE" alive and strong.
J-man finished second grade like a champ last year. He loves to read and lately has been more than willing to share all of his recently learned facts with me. I learn as he learns. He loves robots and can still make a mean lego creation. He still plays the piano and is improving all the time. It is a delight to hear him play.
No comments:
Post a Comment