Sunday, January 4, 2015

Hodge Podge of Fall Fun

We love the whole fall season around here: the foods, the activities, the holidays and the birthdays (oh the birthdays... now every single grandchild on my side of the family is born between September and the end of December).  We take an awesome trip to the pumpkin patch on a week day (because as much as I love the patch, I detest crowds more so Jamie takes a day off for this kind of fun) and this year was entertaining fun for all, as usual.  My favorite and possibly the boys favorite is the pumpkin launcher.  I would pay the price of admission just to see that thing do it's magic.  As a former physics teacher it is great amusement to see those things launch across the lake or better yet, skip across the lake.


 The giant jumping pillow
 This fiery one was not to be held back by being only 13 months old... she wanted a piece of all of the action.


 On to Halloween.  I generally do not especially like Halloween.  Maybe it's because everything else is so busy that time of year and the costume preparations catch me by surprise and then, suddenly, I need to have a costume right now.  Add to that the particularities of the children in regards to how things fit and feel and it's just not my favorite.  However, I put on my happy pants and we go trick or treating and dress up and have an enjoyable time.  We had a penguin, a Chiefs player and a pumpkin princess this year.




The pumpkin princess and evening family pictures did not turn out.  I am not sure what happened other than it was just too dark.  She was sleeping during the school party so that's when all of these other photos were taken and I have no other photos that were recognizable.  So, imagine cuteness in an orange tutu. 

No comments: