Thursday, October 23, 2014

Growing Things

Growing things is my thing.  It doesn't involve the pressure of making things look good and there is the amazing time when everything starts to grow.  Every year I am amazed when those tiny, tiny seeds that are planted out of sight produce sprouts of green that grow and make food.  My garden is very reflective of my personality, though.  Random.  I told Jamie one day (when the dog was driving  me crazy and the third person in one day had told me that my hands were certainly full): "this garden is a metaphor for my life: overgrown and slightly out of control."  He responded with: "True, but like your life, it's highly productive."  Isn't he a nice guy?  The garden was very very productive despite the fact that I probably planted three times too many plants for the given space.

 The bugs are crazy out near the garden.  So, I dress like an idiot and avoid bug bites.

 Absolutely nothing stayed inside the boundaries this year.



No comments: