Carla and I ran a "turkey trot" to start off a lovely Thanksgiving Day. The weather couldn't have been more perfect, and we enjoyed our start to the day.
Jonathan has been asking to "run a race" since he visited my dad's cross country team practice in late August. Today was the day: his first "fun run" was indeed fun for the little man. He took off like a shot when they said go and managed to run the whole race. After we were done he asked why he didn't get to run as far as I could. "Next time, how about if I get to run as far as you, Mommy?"
Jamie and I ran with him as we weren't sure exactly how far it was, and we didn't want him to get lost in the shuffle.
Caleb was happy to spectate and eat a bagel. He was a little irked that he didn't get a shirt with a turkey on it. Next year, kiddo...




No comments:
Post a Comment