Saturday, July 23, 2011

Summer Chaos

Busy + Our family  = Our summer.

This conclusion is supported by the fact that I just posted pictures from a month ago.  It seems as though things have been kind of wild since we moved into this house at the beginning of May.  So many things have been delightfully fun, but we seem to be struggling to catch our breath after all of the frantic activity.

Some fun things from the boys that will all too quickly slip my mind:

Caleb:
 - "I not a cute boy.  I a Calenator."
 - "I go to fwimming wessons next year."
 - "Jaje, I go wif you!"
 - "bwess my gammie and my gampie.  They pway wif me."
 - Learned how to pedal his tricycle by himself.
 - Always holding between two and four hot wheels cars in his hands: when we go to the pool, to the store, to church, in the car, to the park... all of the time.

Jonathan:
 - Conversations with him, and between he and Caleb are such a delight!  His little brain thinks of the craziest things, sometimes.
 - He learned how to swim, really swim, during lessons this year.  He went off the diving board without a hesitation and told me that the next time he went off he was going to run and jump off the end.  We spent a lot of afternoons at the pool with him jumping off the edge and swimming like a wild man around the pool.
 - He also figured out how to pump his legs on the swing in our backyard (photos of the playground project to come) while Jamie and I were on our tenth anniversary trip (photos to come of that, too!).  Maybe Grammie and Grampie taught him?  Maybe he figured it out?
 - He is also a terror on his bike.  If possible, he likes to go faster and faster all of the time.

These boys have such a sweet and spicy friendship.  Sweet because they play together, watch out for one another, and love each other dearly.  Spicy because they can fight like crazy.

No comments: