Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Heartache

Our hearts are heavy this week for Jamie's sister, Sara, and her family who lost their dad and husband over the weekend to a sudden heart attack. The whole family aches for that loss.

Jamie has been on the phone a bit, making arrangements for travel to be with the family and touching base with everyone. Jonathan perceived that things were going on, but he wasn't sure what had happened.

Today I asked him about it a little bit, and explained that Uncle Jose had died and didn't get to be with us on the earth anymore. He asked a few questions and then remained silent about it until an hour later.

Jonathan: "Mommy? I bet Uncle Jose is sad that he doesn't get to put Elysa, Isaac and David to bed anymore."
Me: "Yes, I would think so."
Jonathan: "Mommy? I bet Elysa, Isaac and David are sad that their daddy can't put them to bed anymore and read stories to them."
Me: "Yes, I'm sure they are sad. I would be sad."
Jonathan: "Me, too."

Please pray for Jamie' family but especially for his sister and her three children.

3 comments:

katherine said...

My heart is heavy, too. I cannot imagine the heartache of losing a father at such a young age nor the heartache for Sara losing a husband.

Andrea Dellit said...

Oh Sarah, I'm so sorry. That's horrible.

Andrea

Barb said...

Jamie and Sarah, we are so sorry for your recent loss. My God bring you comfort in the midst of the pain.
Barb and Tim (Andy's folks)