Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Big Boy Bed

What do potty training and a big boy bed have in common? These were the two things that I had great trepidation about as my oldest child turned two last October. Potty training? Check. Many people said that I cheated because Jonathan was so easy on me with this one. Remember two things: Jonathan is STUBBORN so he is only trained because it was his idea. Things that are not his idea are not so easy. The second thing to remember is that I still have Caleb to train.

On to the topic of the day: the big boy bed. I would have gladly left Jonathan in the crib indefinitely. He loved his crib. We would go in to get him when we heard him stirring in the morning and he would say, "I'm still sleeping. I'm not awake, yet."

We could not postpone the inevitable forever, so we got bunk beds (notice the ladder is intentionally not put on the bed) and put Jonathan in his "big bunk beds". He loves them! He has gone to sleep in his chair a couple of times and on Sunday night we found him playing in his chair with his light on at 10:15pm. New rule: no more turning on the light after bedtime.

Other than the light issue and occasionally sleeping in the chair, he has taken to sleeping in the bunk beds quite well.


Jonathan really wanted Caleb to sleep in the bunk beds with him so we put them together on his pillow for a minute.


4 comments:

abby said...

Such sweet boys :) Love the bunk beds, they will have a grand time in them growing up! xo

katherine said...

I love the new bunk beds. Jonathan is such a cute little guy now. Definitely not a baby.

Cassie said...

i love that bed! we have a bunk bed in brigg's room and it's great to have when company comes, but man, i HATE changing the sheets on it!

Beckysblog said...

All my kids to date totally amazed me when I finally put them in the big bed...of course my threat of putting them back in the crib if they didn't behave might have helped! ;)